Lifeguard Course Registration (178 KB)
2018 Lifeguard Course Dutchess County
Camp Hillcroft provides 3-day American Red Cross Lifeguard Training
with Waterfront Lifeguarding module. 2018 Lifeguard Course Dutchess County at Camp Hillcroft is in Lagrangeville, NY, Dutchess County. Lifeguard Course
dates are June 16th, 17th ,and 18th 2018. This course is given in a three-day format, including lunch and dinner. Candidates will, arriving early Saturday
morning, and finishing Monday afternoon. The course is strenuous; you should be a very strong swimmer, a 550-yard swim is included in the course prerequisites.
For more information call 223-5826
Dates: June 16th, 17th and 18th 2018
Fee: $450 (includes meals and Life Guard Training Book)
Lifeguard Certification Course Requirements (including Waterfront) – Be at least 15 years old – must show proof of age
Skill Prerequisites –
To be completed on the morning of the 16th at Camp Hillcroft
- Swim 550 continuous yards using 200 yards of crawl stroke with head in water, demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing to the side, 100
yards or breaststroke with rhythmic breathing and a correct, symmetrical kick, and 250 yards (22 laps total in a 25-yard pool) using either of
these two strokes. Swimming on the back or side is not allowed. Swim goggles are allowed. Please practice swimming laps before the course!
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs. Candidates should place their hands under the armpits. Swim goggles are not allowed.
- Complete a timed event within 1 minute, 40 seconds: Swim goggles are not allowed
- Starting in the water, swim 20 yards. The face may be in or out of the water. Swim goggles are not allowed.
- Surface dive, feet-first or head-first, to a depth of 7 to 10 feet to retrieve a 10-pound object.
- Return to the surface and swim 20 yards to return to the starting point with both hands holding the object and keeping the face at or near
the surface so they are able to get a breath. Candidates should not swim the distance under water.
- Exit the water without using a ladder or steps.
- Swim 5 yards, submerge and retrieve three dive rings placed 5 yards apart in 4 to 7 feet of water, resurface and continue to swim another 5 yards to
complete the skill sequence. (Total 25 yards, 15 yards is underwater). Swim goggles are not allowed.
Note: If taking Lifeguard Certification OR Re-Certification only (without Waterfront module):
Distance for continuous swim is 300 yards and #4 above does not apply.